Banned from ZU for Failing at E3 Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Banned from ZU for Failing at E3 Forums

IN BZUFE E3 FAIL YOU

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favorite Game of All-Time

+3
Triforce of the Gods
8bit
KeeSomething
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Favorite Game of All-Time Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:21 pm

KeeSomething

KeeSomething
ADMIN
ADMIN

Very unoriginal topic, but let's work with it, shall we?

It's no secret: my favorite game is Majora's Mask. I love pretty much everything about it: the style, the characters, the story, the gameplay, the atmosphere, and the music.
Favorite Game of All-Time ___logo-black

I appreciate how MM is more fast-paced compared to the other Zeldas before it, and that works great with the idea of having a time limit. Playig as a Deku Scrub, a Goron, and a Zora really adds to the variety of gameplay, and it offers for some very interesting platforming challenges. It complements the slower, puzzle-solving moments of human Link. And unlike, say, the wolf form from Twilight Princess, the transformations actually offer new gameplay, and are useful even during the moments where they are not completely required.

The world feels a alive, moreso than any other game I've played. Characters are not just glued to a certain spot; they have schedules, hopes, personalities, and problems that you can solve. Unfortunately, you cannot save everyone (like the Mikau or Darmani), but that's how things go some time. At least you get the stasifaction of putting their spirits to rest.

I guess that one of the major reasons I love MM so much. I get to work with individuals a lot rather than saving the world all at once (which you also do). It just feels so rewarding to help someone like Anju or Gormon. I can't get this feeling character interaction from any other game I've played.

I also love how much more complex the dungeons got in Majora's Mask; they certainly evolved since Ocarina of Time. And while many people complain that MM only had four dungeons, I don't see that as a flaw. In fact, I think it just shows how well-rounded MM is because it's not a Zelda game measured by its dungeons; there is just as much character interaction, puzzle-solving, and exploring as there is dungeon-crawling. There are even those mini-levels like Deku Palace, Pirate Fortress, and Ikana Castle that act as mini-levels.

I love these "mini levels" because they are far less predictable than full dungeons. Zelda dungeons have followed the same formula since ALttP, which makes them rather predictable (get map/compass, fight mini boss, get dungeon item, get boss key, fight the boss in the boss room with dungeon item). In these mini levels, you really don't know what to expect. Will you get a new item? Will you fight a boss? It's excitig when you don't know what to expect.

In conclusion, Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all-time. What is yours?

2Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:34 pm

8bit

8bit
ADMIN
ADMIN

Favorite Game of All-Time Bubsy3dbox

Last edited by 8bit on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://bzufe.forumotion.com

3Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:35 pm

KeeSomething

KeeSomething
ADMIN
ADMIN

"Hot linking is not allowed."

4Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:51 pm

8bit

8bit
ADMIN
ADMIN

KeeNothing wrote:"Hot linking is not allowed."

What?! Fuck you VGMuseum, you can't tell me what is and isn't allowed on my own forum!

5Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:05 pm

KeeSomething

KeeSomething
ADMIN
ADMIN

That's really your favorite game? Huh. I never even heard of it.

6Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:40 pm

8bit

8bit
ADMIN
ADMIN

KeeNothing wrote:That's really your favorite game? Huh. I never even heard of it.

No, I was kidding. It's an old 3D platformer which is notoriously terrible.

Favorite Game of All-Time Busy

Look at those beautiful textures. Oh wait. There aren't any.

Just to show that, even though it was a PS1 game, this is completely hilarious, this is an example of what it was competing against:

Favorite Game of All-Time Banjo-KazooieEM3snap0001

(I hope you've heard of that game, as that is actually one of my favorites)

Anyway, my actual favorite is pretty vanilla. It's probably Zelda: ALttP.

7Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:06 pm

KeeSomething

KeeSomething
ADMIN
ADMIN

EGM liked a game that is infamously bad?

And yes, I know about Banjo-Kazooie.

ALttP? I just beat that game again the other day. Now I'm playing through OoT Master Quest, Wind Waker, and Oracle of Seasons. I've been on a Zelda binge, but I'm having trouble playing through Oracle of Seasons--I hate it! Just for fun, here is how I rank the Zelda games (excluding Oracle of Ages because I haven't played it):
1. Majora's Mask
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Link's Awakening
4. A Link to the Past
5. The Wind Waker
6. Twilight Princess
7, 8, 9. LoZ, Zelda II, and Oracle of Seasons
999. Phantom Hourglass

8Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:03 pm

Triforce of the Gods

Triforce of the Gods
BIZZARO ADMIN
BIZZARO ADMIN

8bit wrote:Anyway, my actual favorite is pretty vanilla. It's probably Zelda: ALttP.

I love you.

9Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:45 pm

KANGALANG

KANGALANG
Nadman
Nadman

8bit wrote:Look at those beautiful textures. Oh wait. There aren't any.

Hahah.

As for me, probably one of those anime CG games where you run from point to point and play through tedious repetition.

10Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:06 am

8bit

8bit
ADMIN
ADMIN

1. A Link to the Past
2. The Wind Waker
3. Adventure of Link
4. Majora's Mask
5. Phantom Hourglass
6. Legend of Zelda
7. Link's Awakening
8. Oracle of Seasons
9. Oracle of Ages
10. Twilight Princess
11. Ocarina of Time

I haven't played Minish Cap, Four Swords Adventure, or Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. I guess I should get around to playing those as they're probably old enough now to pirate with morals intact.

EDIT: Strangly enough, this just showed up on Digg's frontpage: http://digg.com/d1tCgN

Notice the section on Bubsy 3D.

11Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:36 am

KeeSomething

KeeSomething
ADMIN
ADMIN

Sorry 8bit, but your list is incorrect. Please try again.

EDIT: That Bubsy video was pretty funny. The game looks awful.

12Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:16 am

True Sorrow

BIZZARO ADMIN
BIZZARO ADMIN

So I had a Zelda list and it was awesome. Unfortunately, that list is gone, and I can only remember a few of them. I'll try to rebuild it, though:

1. OoT
2. LA
3. MM
4. WW
5. ALttP
6. FSA
7. FS
8. MC
9. AoL
10. LoZ
11. TP
12. OoS
13. PH
14. OoA

But on a games-in-general list, my top 5+X (X being a number larger than 10) list would be something like this:

1. OoT
2.-3. LA and Cave Story
4. Super Metroid
5. Castlevania: Belmont's Revenge
6.-X. MM, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, CV: Symphony of the Night, Super CV IV, CV: Bloodlines, CV: Rondo of Blood, CV Chronicles, God Hand, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Super Mario 3 etc. etc. Basically there's a huge list of games here that I can't really decide between.

So yeah, Ocarina's at the top.

Last edited by True Sorrow on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

13Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:49 am

KeeSomething

KeeSomething
ADMIN
ADMIN

That's a great list, True Sorrow.

I will now ban 8bit in your honor!

14Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:18 pm

True Sorrow

BIZZARO ADMIN
BIZZARO ADMIN

Yay Very Happy

15Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:33 pm

KeeSomething

KeeSomething
ADMIN
ADMIN

By the way, read his profile.

16Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:41 pm

KANGALANG

KANGALANG
Nadman
Nadman

Oh, I didn't realise I had to do a Zelda list too. Well then, probably:

1) Wind Waker
2) Majora's Mask
3) Ocarina of Time
4) Twilight Princess
5) A Link to the Past
6) Minish Cap
7) Phantom Hourglass
8) Oracle of Ages
9) Oracle of Seasons
10) Link's Awakening DX

Haven't played Four Swords
Haven't played Four Swords Adventures

Also, **** "OH LOL I LOVE THE 2D ONES, THEY WERE GREAT". They aren't as good as the 3D games, you nostalgia bathing lollers.

17Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:54 pm

True Sorrow

BIZZARO ADMIN
BIZZARO ADMIN

Your list makes me cringe, what with LA not only being low as fuck, but also with it being below the Oracle games.

That's just wrong.

Also, I tend to judge a game based on how good it is, not which dimension it is. As you can see, in my top 5 games list, I only have one 3-d game, but that doesn't mean that I prefer 2-d all around. In my 6th-xth games, I also have a bunch of both 2-d and 3-d games, so that's yeah.

Judge not a book by its cover, but by the contents which it contains.

also TP was full of bad design, mostly manifesting itself in linearity beyond all other linearity, awful, awful combat, excrutiatingly low difficulty and lack of proper item usage

At least PHourglass had you use your items properly, instead of just "lol new dungeon, empty the d-pad plox :D"

Oh, and speaking of which, I guess that your placement of TP also makes me cringe, as it was way, way, way inferior to most of the games on that list.

The top three could use a swap around, but they're all good, so there's no problem there.

No problem......
......ASIDE FROM LACK OF LA!

also lol cruise control for cool

Edit: Also, where's the first two games? Like, seriously? They deserve a seat in all Zelda fans' lists, whether high or low.

Editide: lol switched MC and FSA

Seriously, FSA is just...better.

18Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:27 pm

KeeSomething

KeeSomething
ADMIN
ADMIN

Ocarina of Time was my first Zelda, so the fact that I think Link's Awakening is one of the better games in the series (and of all time) has nothing to do with my nostalgia for 2D. In fact, while I know your joking, I hate when people use the "nostalgia goggles" card in response to anytime someone likes an older Zelda game.

That's the main argument Twilight Princess fanboys use to defend TP against OoT because they can't come up with valid points.

19Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:09 pm

Abyss

Abyss
BIZZARO ADMIN
BIZZARO ADMIN

Fuck Zelda-exclusive lists, I play more games than that.

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Super Mario Bros. 3
4. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
5. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
6. Okami (PS2)
7. Super Mario Galaxy
8. Shadow of the Colossus
9. Pokémon Gold Version
10. Super Mario 64
11. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
12. Paper Mario
13. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
14. Mario Kart Wii
15. Tetris

20Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:54 pm

KANGALANG

KANGALANG
Nadman
Nadman

True Sorrow wrote:Your list makes me cringe, what with LA not only being low as fuck, but also with it being below the Oracle games.

That's just wrong.

"OH FUCK YOU LIKE WIN WALKER AND ORACLES BETTER THAN LA? YOU FUCKING MORON FUCK D:
GET A LIFE AND BETTER TASTE IN ZELDA, SARSLY."

I'm sorry your beautiful LA ranked so lowly on my list.

EDIT: Links Awakening was at the bottom because I didn't enjoy it as much as the other ones. Honestly, what's wrong with that?

EDIT2:

1. OoT
2. LA
3. MM
4. WW
5. ALttP
6. FSA
7. MC
8. FS
9. AoL
10. LoZ
11. TP
12. OoS
13. PH
14. OoA

OH MY GOD YOU FUCKING DICK WHY THE FUCK IS TP AND PH AT THE BOTTOM YOU DISGUSTING DICK? AND THEY'RE BELOW AOL OMG YOU FUCKING NOOB.

I'M GONNA COMPLAIN AT YOUR TASTES!!!!111

Last edited by KANGALANG on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

21Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:01 pm

KeeSomething

KeeSomething
ADMIN
ADMIN

^I'm doing that:

1. Majora's Mask
----------
The Rest of my list changes depending on my mood:
-Metroid Prime
-Link's Awakening
-Ocarina of Time
-Paper Mario
-Yoshi's Island
-Super Mario 64
-Donkey Kong Country 2
-Super Mario RPG
-Perfect Dark
-Resident Evil 4
-1080 Snowboarding
-Final Fantasy X
-Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Super Mario Bros. 3
-Super Mario World
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-Legend of Legaia
-Resident Evil 2

Last edited by KeeSomething on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

22Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:02 pm

KANGALANG

KANGALANG
Nadman
Nadman

KeeSomething wrote:^I'm doing that:

I don't get it.

23Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:05 pm

KeeSomething

KeeSomething
ADMIN
ADMIN

KANGALANG wrote:
KeeSomething wrote:^I'm doing that:

I don't get it.
I meant that as a response to Abyss's post, Zelda N00b!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

And I don't think True Sorrow was trying to be a dick, he is just feeling sorrow over your list. True sorrow. Sad

24Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:09 pm

KANGALANG

KANGALANG
Nadman
Nadman

KeeSomething wrote:And I don't think True Sorrow was trying to be a dick, he is just feeling sorrow over your list. True sorrow. Sad

But he hurt me. I want an apology.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

25Favorite Game of All-Time Empty Re: Favorite Game of All-Time Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:03 pm

True Sorrow

BIZZARO ADMIN
BIZZARO ADMIN

jesus christ i responded to your opinion with an opinion of my own

Obviously my opinion is just whining, there's no doubt there.

Also, fuck man, lay off the caps lock. It's annoying as hell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum