Banned from ZU for Failing at E3 Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Banned from ZU for Failing at E3 Forums

IN BZUFE E3 FAIL YOU

You are not connected. Please login or register

ACTUAL ZELDA ARTWORK, SUPER-HIGH QUALITY!!! (I mean it)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KANGALANG

KANGALANG
Nadman
Nadman

ACTUAL ZELDA ARTWORK, SUPER-HIGH QUALITY!!! (I mean it) 119q7nt

8bit

8bit
ADMIN
ADMIN

Now, you see, that looks pretty awesome.

I would like to see a new art style for link though... I would be a little disappointed if they just used the same style from TP... I was hoping for a darker toon style, with similar proportions to tWW, but with heavier shading techniques.

I was also hoping it'd be a kid Link game, but oh well.

EDIT: Maybe the painted look of the official art means something about the art direction of the game? I'd love that.

EDIT2: Also notice that Link doesn't seem to have a sword in that art. Do you think that means something? The girl seems very sword-like, so perhaps she transforms into Link's sword? If you look at the top of her hood, it looks like the tip of a double-edged blade (similar to the swords Link tends to use in the Zelda games.)

https://bzufe.forumotion.com

KeeSomething

KeeSomething
ADMIN
ADMIN

(copied and pasted from Heretic Gamer)

The girl is clearly the Master Sword. Just look at her design. Her legs have the same cross-hatching design as the Master Sword's handle, the jewel is identical to the Master Sword's, she shares the same color scheme, and you can even see the sword hilt on her.

Don't believe me? Compare her to [URL="https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img255/2792/gcnzeldatwilightchar01on0.jpg"]TP's Master Sword[/URL].

Interesting. Her face also bears the same look at Wind Waker's fairy.

Oh, and new info via Miyamoto interview:
IGN: Great seeing you again, Mr. Miyamoto. We know that you have been trying to make your games -- even traditional ones -- appealing to a wider spectrum of audiences. In Hollywood, the same studios might make an R-rated horror movie and also work on a G-rated family movie, specifically targeting two very different demographics. Have you thought about taking this approach with your games and do you think trying to appease all players ultimately dilutes your games?

Shigeru Miyamoto: I consider myself in some respects a writer and as a creator in that vein, I don't really have anything negative to say about my own work, of course. The work that I do generally is just something that appeals to a wider range. I've produced other games that third and second-party games have developed for us that are, as you would say, focused on one particular audience and I have no problem with that whatsoever. I've done that. As to why we don't do that, as for example, Mario Paint, if we just went and honed it down, that would be a game that could be just for artists. Again, I would never say anything bad, maybe, those writers focused on making something for a specific audience, but, you know, one of the problems we face in the gaming industry is that the gaming population is shrinking. There are less people playing games. And one of our goals is to bring that back up.
For us, the products that we make really just sort of match that goal naturally, so that's why we are taking that route. To further expound upon that, I think that when we are working with other developers, a lot of times they will try to come and make games that are very Nintendo-esque, and that's something that we actually ask them to stop doing. We say, if you're going to make a game with us, try to make something that really expresses your vision and what you would like to do. So we hope in the future to go ahead and work with people to again make games that are maybe more skewed toward an older audience or a more focused audience.

IGN: At your developer roundtable this week, you showed off a single piece of artwork from the next Wii Zelda game. This piece of art has not yet been released publicly, but we noticed that Link appears to have grown to full adulthood. He looks older than he did in Twilight Princess. Is that a correct assumption?

Shigeru Miyamoto: Well, the story setting for this Zelda is, of course, in a completely different era and Link is older than he was previously. More approaching adulthood. There is one hint. Maybe from the art work you can see that he's not holding a sword.

IGN: Has he lost his Master Sword?

Shigeru Miyamoto: [Laughing] I just wanted to make sure that you understand we are making it. That's all I'm going to say on that subject.

IGN: Does the game follow the story progression of Twilight Princess or is it something completely different?

Shigeru Miyamoto: I can't go into details except to say that it's something completely different.

IGN: You just mentioned that the game audience is shrinking and that Nintendo is always looking for ways to entice new players. Is this something that you're thinking about for the new Zelda, too, or is there a separation where that's off limits because the franchise is traditionally hardcore?

Shigeru Miyamoto: I think we do this with Mario and Zelda as well. When we are working on the plans for them, we are trying to come up with ways where we can satisfy our longtime fans and bring new players into the franchises as well. That's something we're always looking at. However, when I get involved in a title, I focus a lot on more experience and the more advanced gameplay elements. If I get into it, there's a tendency for difficulty levels to ramp up so that's something I really have to watch for myself to make sure that I don't do that.

[URL="http://wii.ign.com/articles/991/991714p1.html"]Source[/URL]

KANGALANG

KANGALANG
Nadman
Nadman

I thought he looked Twilight Princess like at first glance too, but if you look at it more it seems a little 'brighter', if you know what I mean. There's a slight difference in his face compared to TP. They still kept that faggy earring though.

mexabot

mexabot
BIZZARO ADMIN
BIZZARO ADMIN

Remind me of OoT Link...

Mexabot thinks is most likely a different link.

Abyss

Abyss
BIZZARO ADMIN
BIZZARO ADMIN

Nice to see that the picture I found was the actual artwork, although it was of shitty quality at the time.

In any case, ahem.

This Link looks quite like TP Link, as has been noted, but I did notice one difference in his eyes. They seem a little bigger than with TP, and he does seem to be a little more awake and aware. His hair could also be different, from what I can see it seems to be a mix between TP Link and OoT Link, and he seems to be taller than both. The garbs are definitely like TP Link's, though. The shield is bigger than Hylian Shields have tended to be before, too.

It's also interesting how the girl resembles the Master Sword. Definitely got me pondering.

Lastly, I expected him to be right handed. I hope there's an option for left-handed people too, though.

KeeSomething

KeeSomething
ADMIN
ADMIN

I'm startig to think that if the girl really is the Master Sword (which would be obvious, and it better not be the plot twist), I wonder how the player will use her in battle. Will she become a sword when your fighting, or will she stay human (fairy?) beig controlling almost like a summon or a Pikmin?

Also, TSA, the owner of Zentendo and ex-owner of The Hylia, was told this:
This isn't posted anywhere as far as I have seen, but I was told this is the first Zelda game built from the ground-up around a story, not a gameplay idea (which if you know anything about Zelda's development history over the years, is amazing). The statement that they're holding off on what "controls" to use, yet the game is "really far along", and Miyamoto's remarks at the round table seem to back up what I heard, in my opinion. So I'm rather excited now to see what comes from this game.
This could be false, but TSA is usually a reliable source.

KANGALANG

KANGALANG
Nadman
Nadman

^^^ Oh wow, that sounds really great. And yeah, I'd love for them to work the game around a story rather than a gimmick. I'm all over this.

8bit

8bit
ADMIN
ADMIN

Ehhhh... I really hope control and level design isn't an afterthought for this game. That would have been fine for any other 3D Zelda, but now with Motion+ there's so much potential for gameplay that rivals, or even exceeds the 2D games.

Also, if they try to hard and make it suck like the story in Squeenix games I'll be pissed.

https://bzufe.forumotion.com

KANGALANG

KANGALANG
Nadman
Nadman

Yeah, those CGRPGs are for faggots!

KeeSomething

KeeSomething
ADMIN
ADMIN

I also hope the story doesn't restict the exploration. Twilight Princess did this. The story restricted the player so much; even the overworld was all chopped up and full of awkward barriers.

I really want the focus to be on the gameplay for this one. Innovate it by throwing away the formula. Go back to the ideals that Zelda was founded upon: exploring a vast land, puzzle-solving, item collecting, and a hero named Link. Rebuild the series from there.

But that's probably not going to happen.

I don't have a problem with story; in fact, I love a good story, but have the focus be on the characters rather than trying to be "epic" and nostalgic. Give character personalities, agendas and backstories, and allow the player to explore that on their own like we did in Majora's Mask. Don't force it down our throats like recent Zelda games have been doing.

Besides, if the focus is more on characters, and not having some complex story, then it won't limit the exploration.

Exploration is most inportant to me. When I get the chance to explore in a game without feeling like my hand is being held throughout the process, I get this feeling of wonder: "Am I supposed to be here?" "Where and I?" "I wonder what I'll find here!" This sense of wonder is rewarded with a sense of discovery. It's a very satisfying feeling that the Zelda series now lacks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum