Banned from ZU for Failing at E3 Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Banned from ZU for Failing at E3 Forums

IN BZUFE E3 FAIL YOU

You are not connected. Please login or register

Review This Years E3!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Review This Years E3! Empty Review This Years E3! Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:29 pm

KeeSomething

KeeSomething
ADMIN
ADMIN

Microsoft didn't pick up until the end of its conference. The Natal really won me over, but I can't say any of the games interested me. And isn't that what console should be about?

Nintendo was pretty good. Cammie must've been told not to smile or act stupid, and there were some really shocking games announced. I love how they started off with New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I never expected them to announce ANOTHER new Mario game on Wii, let alone a direct sequel to Galaxy. Golden Sun DS was a crowd pleaser as well, but Metroid: Another M stands out the most. It would have been absolutely perfect if we got Pikmin and Zelda Wii as well, but those are on the way.

I only caught the end of Sony's conference (starting with the FFXIV announcement). From what I saw, it was great. Trico and God of War III followed by the motion sensing controller. That motion-sensing wand is really cool, and the tech demo really showed what it can do. It seems superior to the Wiimotion Plus, and more accessible to gaming than the Natal.

Overall, this was an exciting E3. The best one for me since '04.

2Review This Years E3! Empty Re: Review This Years E3! Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:50 pm

8bit

8bit
ADMIN
ADMIN

Copy and paste from last thread:

Presentation: 60/100
Software: 90/100
Hardware: N/A
Overall: 80/100

So not bad, but not amazing either.

I give Microsoft-

Presentation: 80/100
Software:80/100
Hardware: 95/100
Overall: 90/100

And Sony-

Presentation: 90/100
Software: 80/100
Hardware: 75/100
Overall: 85/100

All three did better than last year, in my opinion, but Microsoft just took the cake with Natal, Left 4 Dead 2, and that Epic game, and I think Sony just barely edged over Nintendo with their PS3 Motion++.

https://bzufe.forumotion.com

3Review This Years E3! Empty Re: Review This Years E3! Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:05 pm

Abyss

Abyss
BIZZARO ADMIN
BIZZARO ADMIN

Microsoft started off stupidly with Rock Band: The Beatles and Tony Hawk Ride, and reminded me too much of Nintendo's 2008 E3 conference. Modern Warfare 2 was nice, Halo ODST was nice, Halo Reach was... kind of a letdown, MGSR was a pleasant surprise, the XBox Live stuff I didn't give a sh** about, and Natal was impressive and at the same time a little unrealistic once they started scanning skateboards and talking to virtual boys. Also, why have Tony Hawk Ride there with its board controller in the first place when their biggest announcements dealt around using none at all - Natal even showed a skateboarding "game" that required no board. It didn't make sense, and I was left more confused than excited at the end of this conference. They were good at keeping up the pace, though.

Overall, a 3 out of 6

Nintendo started off pretty well, as long as I remembered not to go on a hate parade against Cammie Dunaway. She was pleasantly serious and strictly focused on presenting the games, so that's a plus to Cammie from me. New Super Mario Bros. Wii was a much needed 2D (or 2.5D, lulz) Mario console platformer, and multiplayer made it more attractive. Wii Fit Plus was mildly interesting but not as nice as NSMBW, and a few moments later Reggie was talking about the Wii MotionPlus, as well as Wii Sports Resort. The few adds onto the title like basketball and archery were quite nice, so I'm more interested now indeed. Moving on, they talk about RPGs, which is always nice, especially once we get to see the next Final Fantasy, a DS Kingdom Hearts and of course Golden Sun DS. There was lots of talk (too much talk, honestly) about DSi and stuff you can do there, like sending your f***ed up picture to Facebook (whoop dee doo). Mario vs Donkey Kong looked alright (but I gotta say, user created content = meh, especially if you're looking to satisfy gamers), Wario looked alright, the three DS titles shown (the book, the cop and the Barbie, haha) all seemed quite uninteresting from my point of view. The three titles shown, Conduit, Resident Evil and Dead Space, all seemed promising, but I already knew about these titles. Still, nice to see some acknowledgement from Reggie. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was unexpected, and a pleasant surprise. Metroid: Other M was a complete shock. I had never expected that title to show up. Oh, and finally, I don't get the Wii Vitality Sensor. At all.

NSMBW, Golden Sun, Galaxy 2, Metroid, and interesting titles like Mario & Luigi and Kingdom Hearts DS make this conference much better than last year's conference. Overall, a 4.5 out of 6.

Sony was without a doubt the biggest, and also the most interesting game wise. While Microsoft had some mildly interesting ones like Call of Duty and Halo, and Nintendo had a few surprises like Metroid and Galaxy 2, Sony delivered game after game, doing them all justice with demonstrations and descriptions. I feel that the guy talking kept bringing up sales, which was also ironically linked to Nintendo's previous conferences. I know people love sales, but really, Microsoft didn't mention them except when they said that they wouldn't mention them, and Nintendo cut down on the number talking. Sony just wouldn't shut up about them, though. And to be honest, when he talked about the PSP I couldn't help but put a hand to my head and just sigh. The PSP is a good handheld, yes, but he didn't convince me for one second that it stood above the DS (in any way except multimedia and, of course, sheer power). The constant mentioning of Hannah Montana occurred to me as very odd. The racing game where they created a new stage looked cool. FFXIV was a pleasant sight to behold, and probably a decent surprise to any person who hadn't expected this in some shape or form.

I quite liked the line-ups for both PS3 and PSP, and I found this conference to be the biggest and most pleasing of all three. Motion control, however... blegh, this shitstorm will never end now, and it honestly is a barely improved MotionPlus in the first place, plus it's due for 2010.

The conference gets a 5 out of 6.

4Review This Years E3! Empty Re: Review This Years E3! Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:47 pm

KANGALANG

KANGALANG
Nadman
Nadman

Microsoft: A
Nintendo: A
Sony: A

Everyone wins! (long version has been posted elsewhere many a time).

5Review This Years E3! Empty Re: Review This Years E3! Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:35 pm

True Sorrow

BIZZARO ADMIN
BIZZARO ADMIN

So I didn't really watch anything but Ninty's, and they were pretty good. Galaxy 2 is good, NSMBWii is better and Another M was too much for me. I could not contain myself. Good thing I had clean laundry.

Ubisoft had some intersting stuff. Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 all make me want to, errr, isn't this a PG-13 forum? If even that? Right...Anyway, those three games make Ubisoft a fucking hero.

Sony's Motion Control was pretty awesome and AC2 GAMEPLAY AWSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM, but they get minus points for being delusional and otherwise boring. Last Guardian was also something I had already seen, so meh.

MS's Natal was just bad (no buttons wtf how do we play games that involve moving in large areas? AND MENUS) and I can't really remember anything else. Although Lighting Bolt action does sound promising, as I was never really into stealth in the first place.

Apparently Squeenix is having their conference right now, but I'm not really interested in them, so yeah. If they happen to announce some big action titles, I might watch trailers afterwards, but otherwise meh.

Konami has two Castlevania games: One led by Iga involving Alucard and then Lords of Shadow led by Kojima. I am excrutiatingly excited.

6Review This Years E3! Empty Re: Review This Years E3! Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:56 pm

True Sorrow

BIZZARO ADMIN
BIZZARO ADMIN

Alright, so only the Kojima 'vania was announced.

I'm pretty pissed.

But whatever.

Lord of Shadow still looks fucking amazing.

ps3 or 360

ugh choices

overall 9/10 because the trailer was awesome

but it barely had anything else exciting (dun really care for MGS) and Iga wasn't there so that's a minus point

7Review This Years E3! Empty Re: Review This Years E3! Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:06 am

True Sorrow

BIZZARO ADMIN
BIZZARO ADMIN

No wait, I have changed my mind. The whole NEW GAME HYPE has worn off and I realise that that game isn't Castlevania. It just...isn't. It doesn't have the feel that Castlevania has had throughout the ages, opting for a LotR ogre-fest, entirely devoid of all originality.

Anyone who says it DOES have the CV feel has a very twisted idea of what the CV feel truly entails.

But of course, no one in the Zelda community cares about Castlevania. At all.

Except for me and Zeldoom. Maybe two or three others.

8Review This Years E3! Empty Re: Review This Years E3! Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:51 am

KeeSomething

KeeSomething
ADMIN
ADMIN

I'm not a Castlevania fan at all, but it's never cool when franchises (video game or not) try to become something they are not. Change is good, but you always have to keep the foundations of what made the series what it is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum